On Evolution and God

Joseph - Fairfax, Virginia
Age Group: 65+

I believe that there is an enduring force that is responsible for the origin and metamorphoses of all things that we can detect with our senses. That we sometimes call this force “God.” That this force somehow sustains and permeates the activity of all things that have come into existence because of it. That there are still unknown relationships between that force and all the existences that have emanated from it. That we have some inklings of what those relationships might be, through our inquiries of observation, reasoning, and intuition. That repeated attempts by humans of many civilizations at understanding these relationships have resulted in an accumulation of data, tentative conclusions, and speculation over thousands of years. That one of the results of these inquiries seems to be that all of the emanations from that force are somehow connected, because of their common source, their co-existence through time, and perhaps their eventual passage to another form of existence. That among the evidence received by these human inquiries is that this force has made its presence known in unexpected ways in human history and made it possible for humans to become more closely identified with that originating force. Many humans have concluded that this presence in human history is an encouragement that this originating force is not hostile, or even neutral, but rather a personal and caring one. I believe that this understandiong of a close, and perhaps intimate, relationship with that force is a promising and uplifting one that can stimulate the life of every human being to be meaningful, productive, and contributory to a communion of all existences emanating from that originating force.