The Next Stage In My Life

Tylor - Stanwood, Washington

As Christmas vacation was approaching my parents began talking to me about what I had decided on doing after high school since I had changed my mined so much in the previous months. I came to the decision on pursuing becoming a heavy duty diesel mechanic that led to what school I should look into attending.

My first Idea was Wyotech of California but that location did not offer diesel and I didn’t want to go to the east coast for school. This led me to find UTI in Arizona. The school is perfect, it offers auto and diesel in the same class set up and is a total of 17 months. What really sealed it in my mind was how the school offers an extended Cummins diesel certification program that gives me that much more to add on to my resume and I will be offered a job with Cummins for a minimum of two years or more where ever I would like to work in the country.

My parents are mainly happy to see that I have a game plan and if after wards I am no longer interested I can still go back to school and complete my bachelors in business and UTI will transfer me to one of there linked universities. The one that most interests me is Arizona state plus I will already be in Arizona. I see how my mom and dad will be worried on how I will do with out the guidance I have had in the past eighteen years of my life but I also see that they are confident that I will do great and manage my self as I have done mainly for the past three years. I also have confidence in myself for I look at my great work ethic.

I will say I am completely confident in my self to emerge from the life of a child and become a self controlled adult since I will be 18 in less than a month, and I have always thought that so long as you believe you can achieve any thing you set your mind to and that’s one of the many things I am truly great at. For my conclusion I would only like to state one thing and that is to my own parents and that is I would not be where I am today if they had not pushed me so hard to do my best to prepare me for the future and the outside world away from home they are the best thing in my life that always seem to be able to help with any thing at any given moment and I really couldn’t ever ask for any thing better for my future than to know I have them when ever I need advice or just some simple guidance. That’s why I know I am ready for the next phase in my own life and I can say that with confidence