I believe in beauty

Michael - tulsa, Oklahoma

I believe in the rolling sonnet, the warmth of the sun’s rays, and the gentle touch of a soft wind. I believe in a kind deed, the lovers embrace, and a child’s smile. I believe in beauty, that simple yet undeniably constant object, adjective, and feeling that retains within itself the ability to drive a man mad with envy, or sate his unyielding thirst for all eternity. Through a constant practice I maintain, that being the searching ever often for beauty in all its divine splendor and watching its workings thereafter, beauty has revealed itself to me all too often even if its visage be ever shifting. Two souls meet, in their gaze can be seen that with little thought their hearts have already joined in such beautiful attraction all else is but a smudge in that placid pool of infatuation. Intoxicating in its methods, beauty intertwines the emotions of these two mortals so tightly little other than romance prevails. Beauty does this, and in the observation thereof my beliefs can only more ardently be strengthened. As crimson sun breaks across the horizon and fiery spears of light pierce the sky there can be little else but beauty to be seen. I have seen this, but more forthright, I believe in this. For there can be no more determinable truth than beauty, especially when you find its forward gaze marking you as a discoverer of its mysteries. Bearing down from all sides in fantastic glory the mind and soul scream with glee as the heart leaps to attention. Finally as mood hits with such climactic force, ferocious indignation fills the spirit only to be counteracted by peaceful serenity. I believe in that ever wandering pilgrim marking his steps across persons and hearts. A wayward pilgrim, filled with the ageless beauty of his work and carrying the lustrous diamonds of sated passions. I see the aged couple, their bodies failing after a life’s design realized and acted and I believe. As they sit in their contented hopes, hands grasped between them, beauty can be realized for its undying aptitude. Cascading like a warming stream beauty flows through the lives of all, and if one simply would take the time to look as I often have, it makes itself more known than the greatest theorem or principle. So many go through life searching for the great mystery that is beauty, but I have discovered its true identity. Some would call it elusive, silent, and slighting. I believe in beauty, and so have gazed upon its true colors of binding, warming, and that great flowing aura through the hurricane of our lives. I believe in the healer of men’s hearts, the tamer of raging souls, and whisper on a listing breeze. I believe in beauty.