Life Through a Different Set of Eyes

Troy - Grimes, Iowa

I Believe in Life Through a Different Set of Eyes

Objects and occurrences are viewed different ways by different people. The view in which people perceive things is changed by what they have and how hard they worked for what they have. This perception is what gives meaning to life and everything around you. This feeling, known as appreciation comes from a sense of accomplishment or pride in what you have. Appreciation is found through loss, realization in what you do have or in hard work for what you earn.

The view through which I see took a huge change just over two months ago. I was kicked out of my house for the childish arguments between my divorced parents. I lived with my mother and had just about anything I wanted with little to no effort. Upon being kicked out with no worldly positions I spent most of my days at friend’s houses. Here, I spent most of my time trying to make enough money to get by on the only way you can without clean clothes, social security, or an ID. This would be working on farms since drugs were mostly out of the question.

Everything I once possessed, that I never before cared for was gone. At that exact moment I realized that I never really appreciated what I had because why should I have it? Now, in twenty/twenty hind sight it is clear that no matter what you must respect and cherish the things that you have even if they are not many. The ways to accomplish this task however are not easy you must take a step back from your life and see what it would really be like if you lost everything, or what it would be like to work your hands raw for what you have.