Living Makes It Worth It

Natalie - Stanwood, Washington
Themes: carpe diem

Living Makes It Worth It

I believe in one thing so strongly that I feel like nothing else in life should come in the way of it. I believe in living. Not in the most technical sense of the word, I’m referring to the rawer, and more intense sensation you get when you live during your life, the feelings you get when you do something you love. Or even better, I’m talking about the figurative wind blowing in your hair as you do something daring.

I very strongly believe that life is for living. Choices should not be made because you consider how responsible or irresponsible it is, but it should be measured against how happy the results make you. Tomorrow isn’t promised today, yesterday is always going to be gone, and today is a present. A present that means everything in the world. Living is not life. Living is embracing all moments of happiness, love, tranquility, laughter, and joy. Without those feelings, it is not worth being around.

I believe the pettiness of people is why they are all so ready to say their life is unhappy. Taking one for the team, or the world is what I believe in, sacrificing a moment of your time and effort to bend over and pick up a piece of litter, it makes the world just a little bit better and is not that much of an inconvenience. To me it is worth it. To me, life gets in the way of living; but, when you embrace the easy triumphs in life, pettiness just is not worth it anymore. It feels better in my heart when I pick up that stray piece of litter, because it was easier then letting that trash get in the way of my gaze. I feel better when I forgive rather then hold a grudge, because friendship always feels better then fighting. Living is finding every excuse in life to smile or laugh. Laughing with my whole body, until my lungs grab for more air, until my eyes start to release my excess life is what living is. My life is so full of living that I refuse to choose pettiness anymore. It is always so much easier to live your life without holding grudges, or being petty. When you do things in life that have the ability to make you happy you are giving yourself the thing in life that matters, the living part. That is what I believe.