Waiting for the righ one.

Rosalinda - altoona, Iowa

Looking at couples, it is cute, romantic, and all out love showing. But, do you think they will wait until marriage to have sex? Now that I know this an up-in-the-air question, meaning maybe they are waiting or maybe they all are not. Some people do wait, and others just go for it without thinking about the outcome.

I strongly believe in waiting until marriage to have sex. I grew up in a family that did not start having children until my parents were in their late 20’s. And I went to a Catholic school. There, they taught me that sex before marriage, is a problem waiting to happen, and they, also say it is a sin. Life to me is priceless and so is my body. I don’t want to end up being a single mother with three kids, from a father who gave them to me but doesn’t want to help or even accept them that they are his. I want to make sure that I find a guy who wants to be with me and takes me for who I am and understands where I am coming from, instead of a guy who finds out that I am a virgin and thinks he can score with me and leave.

Dating can be a difficult struggle. There are people who do take advantage of sex, and others that take it really seriously and respect it. When I go with my friends to the mall or just drive around, we talk about the guys in our lives. Any try to help each other out in our situations with them. But when they ask me about my love life, I tell them that I lost him again. And although they know, they ask what happened. I explain it to them, they say, “Don’t worry about it too much; he did not deserve you in the first place.” and I get hugs from them for support. Choose not to have sex yet. Being true until the end and knowing that it is not going to be a one-night stand feels true and right to me.

Relationships are important, but sex does not hold the relationship together. It is the trust, friendship, and the knowledge of each that does. There are bumps the in road, and it will be difficult to stay together and hurt each other, but hopefully the couple can get through that and face the outcome or they can beat the odds and not believe what everybody else says about them. If they do make it through the pain, sorrow, then, to me, that is what a relationship is about; the sex is not what holds the relationships together. Sex is just an extra for when I get married.