Wishing Well

Beau - Greensboro, North Carolina

” A secret love of mine is spending time, just tossing dimes into a wishing well. And I know it’s strange, and a waste of change, but let me explain this secret love of mine.” This is a verse in a song that I am working on, and I believe that my life revolves around waiting, not wishing for my dreams to come true. I think that people waste too much time wishing that their dreams will come true, and don’t invest enough time believing that they actually will. I’m not saying it is a sin to dream because I spend a lot of time just dreaming of what could be, but I have started to put all my energy into making these dreams become real things rather than just distant images in my imagination. I have found a new respect for my will to succeed and I think before you can believe in your dreams you must first believe in yourself. I thought about how people throw money into a well wishing that a wish would come true, but the only difference between making a wish and making a difference in the world is courage. I believe that every human has the ability to do anything that they want, if they just put everything they have into it. I love to still make wishes about things all the time and I believe that it is good to have wishes. It is kind of like denial, first you must admit that you want something, but the second step is to try with everything that you have to make it happen. I know what not everyone in the world is going to make a huge impact on history, but you will have a great impact on your personal history. I believe that everyone has the ability to make wishes come true.