I Believe in The Good Within Us All

Cassandra - stone mountain, Georgia

I believe that most people are innately good but through personal experiences and tragedies, they become evil. Often times it is due to an improper up bringing or exposure to the harder side of life. People who are nurtured and loved are better equipped to cope with life’s up’s and down’s but those who have the misfortune of being deprived, find themselves having to seek alternative means of surviving. More often then not they feel alone and lack the ability to place their trust in others and develop a “me against them” syndrome.

There has always been the train of thought good vs. evil and we all feel the need to believe n the good of mankind. This is how we all measure ourselves. My personal thoughts are that bad behavior is learned from our environment or from examples that are set; this could e from our parents or other caregivers. I believe that man knows right from wrong but finds himself in a constant struggle. According to scripture Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in his own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them”. One can see that God’s intentions for man were positive; in no way form or fashion did he plan for evil spirits to dwell within them. We challenge ourselves to find the outer limits of our moral principles created in the greater image of God, Our Father, The Omnipresent; we seek to follow the high standard, but more often fall short. We learn early that good is rewarded while its opposite is punished.

The joy one receives from dong a good deed is undeniable, and one thing I am positive of is the fact that we are all capable of this joy. Life is what you make it and based on our choices, that determines whether or not you experience such joy. Two relatives from the same family but raised on different sides of the tracks, one with a wholesome spiritual loving family while the other experiences a parade of numerous male companions to his mothers room. The good prevails in one while the bad or evil overcomes the other because he feels compelled to conform to society’s measure and those of his parents.

All in all I know that people have good in them whether or not they choose to show it is up to them. No one is born with evil dwelling within it is an acquired behavior. It is important that we seek the good in people no matter what the situation may be, yes it is a difficult task but it is one I am ready to take on and I ask you, will you join me, for the sake of mankind?