I believe in Fairy Tales

Faith - rexburg, Idaho

The Knight jumped on his white charger and rode off into the night. He rides straight to the castle, where he encounters a fiery breathing dragon! He jumpes off his horse, draws his sword and charges.

My childhood was filled with stories similar to this one. I went on adventures with the Little Mermaid as she struggled to express herself to the prince without her voice. Captain Hook couldn’t beat Peter Pan and I along with the lost boys. I went and danced with a prince and found true love with Cinderella. Fairy tales are still very much a part of my life. I believe that fairy tales have influenced me to become the type of person I am today.

All of the princesses in fairy tales have taught me to believe in love. Victor Hugo wrote that, ”Life’s greatest Happiness is to be convinced that we are loved.” I haven’t been in love much but from the experiences I have had I don’t want to live without it. Ever since I was little I have dreamed of my Knight in Shining Amour whom will one day come and sweep me off my feet.

True love is important but this is not the only love from which I can find happiness. The Brothers Grimm told a story about a pair of sisters who ward off an evil woman, and protect one another by shape shifting. Love is the greatest gift that I can bestow among my fellow beings, especially among my family. My family gives me the strength to hold on to my dreams and to believe in myself. I believe in them, and if I die tomorrow I will know that I was at least loved by them. True Love isn’t just found in my one and only it is found in a friend, a sister, a brother. Love is the greatest gift, and this I believe.

In the story of the brave little tailor, the tailor is crafty and smart to be able to beat all those giants. In my own life I have found that in today’s world I have got to be able to find the solutions off the top of my head, in order to be successful. I have to be able to be confidant in what I do in order to do it well. Sometimes I feel like I can’t do what I love because I am afraid that my best might not be enough, but I remember that story and then I know that I can do well.

I believe that fairy tales have helped me during my life, wither it be a confidence booster or a small tale to brighten my spirits. I know that I will always find comfort in traveling into other worlds and lands in these tales.

The Knight slew the dragon and inside the castle he finds his princess. He sweeps her off her feet, and they ride off into the sunset to live happily ever after.