The Simple Three Words

Taylor - Lakeville, Ohio

To narrow all my beliefs down to a sentence or two I found it to be pretty complicated. As I was searching for a topic I found so many things I believe in like a greater good, family, friends, and so on. I finally got it narrowed down to three simple words. These words are some of the most complicated emotions, tasks, or challenges we face in life. Truth, trust, and love anywhere you may travel the three are always connected. Without one you can’t have the other and without two a third never comes into play.

Truth, the simplicity of life a word that gets twisted and changed by many and can even be tossed to the side. However truth is a base, a stepping stone in which so many things fall upon. When one truth gets twisted another one follows to fix the first and so on. Then you end up finding yourself in a mess of lies and no way to get out. Some people don’t tell the truth to prevent hurting people. But in reality a lie will only hurt them more when they find out. The truth can hurt at times but it is reality, it’s what stares us right in the face. You can’t avoid it or hide from it. It in return is what makes you strong or weak and what can make or break someone. And with truth you learn to trust.

Trust something that I have found myself is very hard to have in people. To open up and truly almost give yourself to someone emotionally and through feelings can leave you open for hurt and disappointment. Trust however is needed because if you can’t trust anyone you will find that you are only punishing yourself. People will disappoint you in life and they will lie to you causing the trust you had for them may slowly disappear or vanish all together. But you have to believe in what you do trust in. I believe that people mess up and make mistakes, some may lie but they fix it. Forgive that lie gain back trust in situations and you will find that life does move on. I found when I held on to my trust issues it only ruins what could potentially be good. Besides who can go through life without trust because if you don’t trust you will never truly love.

Love a simple four letter word but I believe the hardest goal to achieve in life. It is defined in so many ways and comes in so many shapes and forms. Love for your family, love for your friends, and then there is love for that other half. Without truth and trust though you can never love someone fully. You would always have doubts about them and that would tear you apart. To love you must be able to give yourself to that one person completely knowing that there is no one else you can see yourself with. Of course it is hard but it is doable. So this I believe to make it through life one must be truthful, trusting, and love will fall into place.