World of pure imagination

Kyle - Irvine

A World of Pure Imagination

Imagination is what empowers this world. Albert Einstein said that, “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.” There are so many great things that have come about with the simple thought of “I wonder.”

Imagine a land without a land of imagination. This theory might seem hard to wrap your mind around. This is the same as asking someone what the world would be like if without air. If there were no imagination there would be absolutely nothing.

If you are religious imagine Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They would frolic and prance about until judgment day. Eve would have never plucked the forbidden fruit from that tree because the inkling of, “I wonder how it would feel to be god-like” would have never passed through her gray matter. They would have been contempt forever, never wanting anything. Doesn’t that sound like pure bliss?

To me this world of mind numbing ignorance is not my cup of tea. To rid the world of imagination is to rid the world of…everything. The arts, maths, sciences, astronomy, even the food would not exist. Everything we do gravitates around imagination. Right now you are probably wondering how my conclusion will end, or if my writing isn’t as good as I had hoped some other daydream is running around through your noggin. Whatever it is you are using your imagination.

If you are not a religious folk imagine the first primitive being that is now us, Homo sapiens. The first caveman would have never thought of the idea of a tool because he would have no desire, will, or imagination to think it. The thought of “Ugh Ugh ooga ug?” would have never occurred to him. For those of you who don’t speak fluent cavemen he was saying, “What make it easier to kill furry elephant?” This would have lack of thought would cause the caveman to be permanently stuck in a rut of nothingness. He would have most likely would have become extinct eventually, and I would have never been born to write this fantastic paper, the thought.

Now, “come with me, and you’ll be, in a world of pure imagination.” This place being Willy Wonka’s Chocolate. This place only existed because Mr.Wonka had imagined the thought and then put it into action. While you might think of Mr. Wonka as a cook you have probably failed to realize that he is quite a businessman, and a successful one at that. He conjured up what kind of candy people might like and sold it. This is the same rue for successful businessmen today. They think of something the consumer would like and sell it. Imagination equals profits.

I know that imagination is what makes the world what it is, and without it we would either be extinct, or incredibly boring. As Blaise Pascal once said,

Imagination disposes of everything; it creates beauty, justice, and happiness, which are everything in this world.