I believe in Karma

Connor - Altoona, Iowa

I Believe in Karma

Karma will always bite you in the butt for something stupid you do. Trust me, I have had my fair share of karma bites. And, they usually end up badly, because I usually don’t use my head.

A good example of this is the homecoming t-shirt fiasco. Okay, it’s not that big of a deal, but it was one of the few times I had ever back talked to a teacher during my high school career. So, all the freshman (who ordered a homecoming t-shirt) are standing there getting annoyed that this teacher keeps calling for sophomores, even though all of the sophomores had gotten their shirts. I made my way up to the front and that is when I lost it (as much as I can lose it at a teacher). “Sophomores! Come get your shirt!” the man called. “There are no more sophomores!” I yelled back. He just stared at me and told me to get to the back of the line.

A couple days later I met that same teacher in a very bad situation: he had the control to tell me whether I could take an advanced placement high school course or not. Needless to say, I mentally punched myself in the head several times for my stupidity. But, he didn’t treat me like the way I acted at the t-shirts fiasco. Instead, he helped me set of my next four years, and he got me into more advanced placement high school courses, which I’m completely happy about.

But Karma can respond to good things too, like when I study on a test and I get an A on the test. Or when I help someone out and then in return someone helps me. The studying for a test one, works like a charm. For those who don’t know me, I study for a good hour and a half for just a quiz, and usually do well. At the beginning of my 9th grade year, I got a C on my geometry test. I freaked out, so I formed a plan. I would go to all the homework helps, study for ever single little thing (expect for the assignments, I’m not that weird.), and get help when I needed it (no, not the metal kind of help). That was my game plan, and I followed it as best as I could. During the semester test I knew I would ace the class.

Karma can respond to good or bad; it depends on what triggers it. But, despite its badness or goodness, it is still needed because it helps us learn from our mistakes. Take me for example. I learned to shut my big mouth when I meet someone new, and I study for my tests, because when I study I tend to do a lot better than I would without studying. (Gee, I wonder why that works.) But, like I said, we need it. Without it, we would make the same mistakes over and over again. And I would lose my mind with all the grounding time I would accumulate.