Best of Luck

Jay - Des Moines, IA 50327, Iowa

Everyone believes in angels right? When I find myself up to the line, or put on the spot, I think about these good and bad angels in my head, arguing with me and themselves over me getting hurt or harming others, or how I would impress everyone if I did it. I know your wondering why I have these angels in my head, I believe in being jinxed and losing luck.

This all started when I was 7. I was peer pressured into jumping this creek in an open pasture. Then I noticed these angels. One, almost like god, telling me that id fall and get hurt. The other, like the devil, rambling on how I would impress everyone and receive respect. I jumped, fell way short and ended up being pulled out by 3 of my friends. They bandaged me and I was part of the funniest story for the week.

Now I feel like a nervous wreck before most of my big events. Before I play soccer, I have to make sure I am wearing my special under shirt, or my lucky socks. Before I walk on the field I hear these angels telling me I am going to play good, or I simply didn’t put my socks on the right way, so I will end up getting hurt. This is not my decision to have this so called “luck.” Actually it makes my life a lot more difficult and it sucks.

Do you believe in Angels now? If you don’t, consider yourself lucky. There are many struggles in life and simply having the butterflies or not believing in myself is the greatest for me. I wish I would have never got them into my head. Now they are stuck. I don’t need them to make these choices for me. Dumb angels.