Early Bird Gets The Worm

Shawn - pleasant hill, Iowa
Themes: carpe diem

Early Bird

Gets the Worm

Get up. Do something with your day. I don’t understand why people like to sleep all day long. Seems like a big waste of life to just sleep in too much. All the countless hours lost because you’re too tired.

Summer days are some of the perfect and most fun days I have experienced. I usually like to get up around 8:30-9:00. I don’t spend most nights up past 3 or 4 anyway so that still is giving me a good night rest and I am not wasting daylight. I love to be out in the cool summer mornings. Inhale the fresh relaxation and begin my day. There are always a few friends who are up to that I can enjoy the morning with.

Some of my best days were spent waking up at my friend’s house over this past summer. We had his whole new house to ourselves. Every morning after a fun late night I would wake up before everyone else. I hate being in that situation cause I have to be quiet and I have to worry about not disturbing other people. I would go outside and lay out in the morning sun next to the huge pool, soaking in the morning sun. Just lay there till I was too hot that I jump in. All before anyone else had even woken up.

Now of course there are exceptions to this. Maybe you just stayed up till at least 4:00 every morning. A few extra hours of sleep would be good. Waking up with your body so dehydrated from the night before that your head and stomach hurt so much you don’t want to move would be another reason to stay sleeping. Like I mentioned there are some exceptions but for the most part I manage to get up by 9.

Sleeping in too much to me is lazy. I come home sometimes to find my brothers friends sleeping in my room. There is no way I am going to break the habit of what I am doping to cater to the person sleeping in my room. I don’t want to have to try to be quiet for them.

There are so many possibilities of things to do besides sleep. I like to do something constructive. Make something of my morning. For other people maybe eat breakfast for once in the summer. Get up and make something of your morning.