A good Family tie is better than Pie

Heidi - Rexburg, Idaho

A good Family Tie is better than Pie

Keeping good family ties to me is one of the greatest things on earth. I think often times we forget how important our family is. My parents are about as cool as you can get. My dad may look like a grizzly bear with his beard and his belly, but when you need sympathy or a little cash you go to my dad because he’s really just a soft hearted teddy bear. My mom is about as funny and nice as you can get. She has the most patience I’ve ever seen, and can definitely out work my family and I. As for my brothers and sister were all different in many ways, but we can all laugh, get along, and have a good time.

I’m not just talking about immediate family though; I’m also saying that it’s important to have good ties with extended family. I can’t think of any better example of good honest people than both sets of my grandparents. Both my grandpas are very hard working and honest in everything they do. Plus they’re both champions at making the perfect popcorn. My grandmas could keep the world running with all the service they do with their humanitarian projects. As far as cousins go I consider them my best friends. All my fondest memories have been with my cousins. some live far away, so we only see each other a couple times a year, but the moment were back together it’s as though we haven’t skipped a beat, were back to laughing our heads off, causing trouble, playing jokes on each other, and making grandma mad when we pick at the food before its ready.

The world is getting more and more crazy. Not having a good relationship with families won’t help anything. Soon the only support will be our family. Keeping up on each other’s lives and helping them out will build great relationships. Getting together and having a good time will create long lasting memories. This I believe is again one of the greatest things on earth.