Everything Happens for a Reason

Karisa - Stanwood, Washington
Themes: purpose

Can it be that everything really happens for a reason, or does it just happen by chance? I believe everything happens for a reason and has a purpose to why it happens. Whether it is something good or bad, it all has a purpose to teach me an important lesson or lead me in life. Sometimes things happen that are painful, horrible, and unfair, but soon I come to realize that without overcoming those obstacles I would have never discovered my true potential and strength.

When my best friends all left me to go to college, I didn’t understand why I had to be left alone. I was having a hard time with the fact that they left. A couple of months went by and I still didn’t know the reason why I was the one left alone. I got to thinking one day and started to realize the purpose for why I was left behind. I was supposed to know that I wasn’t all alone. I needed to realize that I had my family and so many other friends that I can rely on. Ultimately, I was left behind so that I could learn how to be a more independent person and learn how to make more choices on my own.

By believing that everything happens for a reason, it helps me to deal with things that happen in everyday life. When something happens during the day and I am having a hard time with it, I try to think of the good things that could come from it. This will really help me through my life if I continue thinking this way. It will help me not dwell on bad things that happen but instead, accept them and grow from them. Because I know that everything happens for a reason, I feel stronger because everything has a meaning and makes me more confident. I feel wiser because everything connects and makes better sense. And I am happier because I’m able to put my losses behind me and have a sense of a future filled with good things.

Even though I think everything happens for a reason I can still choose how I want to take things. I can either play the victim or I can choose to learn from it. When I get older and look back on my life I will see how the events that took place and my response to them has shaped my life and made me who I am. I truly believe that everything does happen for a reason; sometimes it just takes a little time to realize it.