Judgment

Kelsey - stanwood, Washington

Have you ever judged anybody or been judged yourself? I know you have, every body has. People always try to say they don’t judge but it’s a lie, don’t believe it, they look at you and create their own opinion of you just like every one else. Some people judge nicely but must take a harsh look on every one.

When I started public school in kindergarten life was great, I got to ride the bus to school just like my big brother, I was making lots of friends in my class, and I got to color for home work. Then there was first grade witch was even better, I got to see my friends every day and my best friend was still in the same class as me. How could life ever go wrong, I was young innocent and content with life? Then at the end of first grade my mom told me the she was pulling my brother and I out of public school to be home schooled. I didn’t really understand what that meant at the time, so I was excited, I would get to where pajamas all day and sleep in, but when school time came around, I realized the full implications of what being home schooled meant. I didn’t get to see my friends every day and eventually I would lose them all together. People changed their opinion of me, my “friends” started avoiding me and when people I didn’t know found out I was home schooled they would give me a funny look and try to keep their distance. One time in seventh grade I actually had some one tell me that I wasn’t good enough to hang with them any more, they told me it wasn’t my fault, I was home schooled and theirs nothing I could do about that. That tore a little part of me away forever. My self-confidence plummeted and was sure that I would never trust people again.

After my experience with the way people act towards others they don’t understand, I have made it a life goal to not judge people by their friends, their clothed, or the things they do. Judgment hurts the people around you, always creating hard feelings. It is something that no one should participate in or have to be subject to. Every person in this world is unique, having their own way to do things or say things and they shouldn’t be punished for that. I want to be able to live my life with out fear; I want to be able to speak my mind and act in the manner of my choice with out thinking. Unfortunately I always a feel as though I have to be on guard and thinking about what I’m saying, because I know some ones always listening or watching and people are cruel.