Life Beyond the Fog

Allison - Litchfield, Maine

I truly believe everyone has a place in the world, whether you find it yourself or it comes to you in some way. It might take sometime to find yourself in this big world, but someday you will, someday it will all come together and make sense. You might find it when you’re young or you might have to keep searching until you’re late sixties. Who knows, you never can tell what lies ahead of yourself and what lay before you that you just never saw or looked for. You see, I thought we were all on this earth just because it was meant to be, but I never sat down and thought about why we are all here in the first place.

I began wondering what my place in the world was. When I became freshmen in high school I told myself, this is a chance for a new beginning. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, keep your head up high. When other people walk by and give you “the look” just keep on walking, don’t think one second on it. The truth is, most of the people you thought were friends aren’t going to matter to you in twenty years. The people you thought were your friends may not be. After a while it becomes a hello, and then soon leads to not being friends. The people that meant the most to you in life just vanished; they were just gone, after all these years. The only good thing out of it was finding new people more like yourself and being able to be “you” around them. Instead of being my old quiet self in school I wanted to show the world who I really am. The real question to me now is who am I and what do I want to do with my life? You can’t go back in time and change things; you just have to keep trucking forward. Make the best of life while you’re here and live it to the fullest.

As I search to find out what to make of myself I thought about me, for once in my life I thought about me and no one else. I looked beyond the fog and found who I really am. I soon realized the water that was once calm became a rushing sea. I blew passed the obstacle that was once my life and found a new me. As I awoke into a new world I came a cross two golden bridges. “The hardest thing in life is to know which one to cross and which one to burn” I guess you have to lose one thing to go out and get something better.

Since I have found myself my goal to the world is to now have everyone else find themselves. I am a new me and maybe soon you will be a new you. I was once the shy girl in the back of the room who never said a word, unless it was to my friends. Now “I am the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence because of something that happened yesterday.” I will follow all my dreams and life long goals live the happiest life I can live and go far. No matter where life takes us there will always be doors to close and new ones that will open, paths to take and bridges to burn, but hey no one said life was going to be easy. So, take the time to find even the tiniest light through the tallest trees until one day it will all just be a dream.