The Top of the Mountain

Bret - Webster City, Iowa

The Top of the Mountain

I believe that the people on top of the mountain did not just land there. In society we have many people who we look up to and hold above the rest; but these people did not get to where they are now by sitting back and doing nothing. They grab the bull by the horns and took charge. They made dreams become reality, they took what others said that they could not to fuel their fire, when they were knocked down they got back up and dusted off, and went back at it.

Barack Obama did not quit his pursuit to change America and become the forty-forth president because he was a different race, Tony Hawk did not quit his pursuit to become the best professional skateboarder ever when the sport he loves is frowned upon, he change all that, Lance Armstrong did what others thought was never possible, and there are a million of people who have a story and are on top, but those people are just that, they are people, just like you and me. They refused to take “no” for an answer, they had the eye of a tiger, they wanted success, and were not going to stop until they got to the top, and when they got there they did not just stop, they keep the fire and drive to push boundaries and become more. So, I have one question for you. Why can’t we be one of those people at the top?

The beauty of living in the United States is that you can do anything and be anyone you want to be, but why expect second best, when you can be great and be one who changes the world, and is looked up too. Focus on the peak, and do not stop until you are there because everything great comes with a price, and its bumps in the road but in the end it is well worth all the nics and bruises along the way. Make dreams, reality, and you can find yourself at the top.