My Life and Adoption

Paul - Honesdale, Pennsylvania

My Life and Adoption

My life came to be with unusual circumstances in comparison to the majority of newborns. At the moment of birth I was without a mother. My biological mother was young and for reasons unknown she chose not to raise me. My parents were unable to have children after years of trying. With no further options their unruly urge to be parents lead them to adoption. Soon after I was born they began the process to adopt me. At the tender age of three months they were granted the right as my parents and brought me home. In this home I was raised to be the individual I am today with old fashioned morals, and a wonderful family. All my life they taught, loved, punished, and laughed with me sharing unforgettable moments every family shares. Some people chose to look down upon my adoption while others embraced it. Most people didn’t understand adoption and didn’t care to since they couldn’t relate. To me adoption is an underutilized and powerful right people have access too. Because of adoption I have a wonderful family, and many others who don’t could if they were adopted. I believe adoption is one of the best parenting options available. Out of all the people susceptible to being chosen only one is. This one individual is getting a chance to have a great family, and experience unconditional love. Adoption shouldn’t be looked down upon. It should be embraced, more accessible, and utilized more. Those who wait in foster homes; move from foster home to foster home; or those who are aborted during pregnancy never receive the true gift of life. They never achieve the ability to have a family who will always love them. Everyone needs a true family – so they can grow with love as I have for the past 21 years.