I belive that everything happens for a reason

Alison - Webster City, Iowa

I believe that there are no such thing as mistakes and that everything happens for a reason. Everything I have done in my life has shaped me into the young woman I am today. I’ve made great decisions, and I’ve made some pretty crappy decisions, but every one of them, big and small, have taught me a lesson. God has a plan for every one of us, and everything he puts us through shapes us into the person he’s planned us to be.

We have to admit that we’ve all made a few dumb moves in life, sometimes even regreting the move you made. I use to be that way, but as I grew up and matured, I realized that there’s no point in wasting your time on regrets. There’s simply no way to go back and change what you’ve done in the past. You must analyze your action and realize what you did wrong or right. Then, the next time that occurs, you’ll know what to do. You will have learned from your actions.

Relationships are one area that I’ve really noticed this concept in. We’ve all dated the weirdo. The one you look back and think, wow, what was I thinking! You’ll date the nice guy, the mean guy, maybe even an abusive one. Though sometimes it feels like you wasted a bunch of time with one guy, you’ll learn that the different aspects of them have made you realize the things you do and don’t like in a guy. I firmly believe that when you’re young you have to learn these things. In the end, these experiences will help you to make a more educated decisions.

That’s not the only area my concept applies to. Things like driving, friends, spending money, and eating are all things that you’ll learn from. If you make this simple realization, you’ll become so much more happy with your life. It’ll make you a more laid back person. Just relax and let fate drive you. I believe that God has me all planned out, and I’m going to let him do his job.