Let’s All Be Happy

Jennifer - Webster City, Iowa

I believe that when you stress over life, life will become much less enjoyable. My whole life I have grown up in a family filled with stress. I have three brothers and two sisters. With a big family, stress is guaranteed to be a big part of your life. It seems like my mom is always caught up in something that makes her anxious. From how on earth she is going to get all of her kids to where they need to be at the right time, to who is going to catch the flu next, there is always something to worry about.

I am a completely different story. I believe that stress goes hand in hand with unhappiness. I love to be happy, laugh, and smile when ever I am able to. If I am always stressed about something, there is no room for this happiness that I yearn to have. I strive to live for today. I don’t like to think about the past or the future. If I worry about them, then I’ll never have time to look at the things that are right in front of me today. I’ll never be able to enjoy things like a good movie or TV show, getting lost in a good book, listening to music, spending time with my friends and family, good grades, going to a sporting event, or a good meal. I would love to enjoy all of these things all the time. With a stress filled life; that is next to impossible. Good grades are important to me. Knowing that I am doing good in school, I have the confidence that I will be successful later on in life and will not have to stress about the future. Not having to stress about the future brings the heavy weight of expectation from my parents and myself, down a lot. I believe that when you stress over life, life will become much less enjoyable. Live for the moment. Don’t cry over spilled milk. Enjoy the small things in life. Nobody needs stress in their life.