Gaming is Enjoying Yourself not Being Lazy

Caleb - tipton, Indiana

All the time I hear that if you play video games you must be lazy, but I am not lazy. Lazy is never doing anything, watching T.V. all the time, and sitting on the couch eating potato chips. I believe that playing video games can help you on focusing and be more reactive. I am one of the so called lazy people that plays video games all the time, but what people don’t know is that I actually have a job that I work at right after school everyday until 9 o’clock P.M. I have been playing video games every night for the past 2 years and I do it because I find it relaxing when I get off work. I play Call of Duty 4 and 5 all the time. I’ve become good at what I play and have dreams of becoming a professional gamer later on in life. I’ve become one of the best on the Playstation Network and am ranked in the top 500. Now when I tell people that they are look at me with a kind of face that is saying wow this guy has no life and must be really lazy to be that good. Being ranked in the top 500 is something that I am honored of. There are over 5 million people that play this game and I am better than most. Now laziness is a word that I hear a lot from either friends or family. Every night I come home and get on my game and my mother is always saying why don’t you do something productive and quit being lazy. Lazy is a word that is a pain to me. It’s a word that I hate to hear and a word that should be vanished. Now don’t get me wrong there is a lot of lazy people that have no life, no job, and no family that play the game every hour they are awake, but that’s there choice. Laziness is something that people quench at when its said to them, but when they find someone else that is lazy the have the need to say it to that person which shouldn’t need to happen. Enjoy life to the fullest and live the way you want to live it. Don’t let people take you down because they have the need to call you certain names and put you in certain categories. This I believe that the word LAZY is just and excuse for someone to hate on someone else.