Pictures Tell a Million Stories

Megan - OVERLAND PARK, Kansas

As I look around my room I look at all the pictures around me. They remind me of all the good times I have had with my friends. They remind me of what used to be in style, what we looked like with braces, our different hair styles or color, and how much we have truly grown up. There is one picture in particular that reminds me of a time that I will never forget.

It was last summer at my favorite place in the world, the lake. Every year for my birthday I bring down my best friends for a weekend to remember. We do everything together so really it was just a huge sleepover for three days. We had the best time we went tubing; skiing, we laid out, laughed, took tons of pictures, and went for late night swims. On the last day we always take one picture that I never forget, we call it the jumping picture. We all hold hands and jump into the water. I call this, “perfection”. The way we pose in this picture always describes our personalities. You tell who the person is just by what they are doing and how they are jumping into the water. It usually takes a couple tries but in the end it lasts forever.

I believe that one picture tells a million stories. When you look at a picture you remember what you were wearing, where you were, what you were doing and who you were with. When you look at one picture you remember the smallest details but the best details. Pictures to me are more than for just decoration; they are for the best memories. The memories we can laugh about until we are older, the memories that tell me who I truly am and the memories that keep me grounded.

I believe without pictures we would not remember our favorite times. We wouldn’t be able to see who we were when we were younger or who we have truly become. We wouldn’t be able to show our kids or our grandkids what we used to be like. I truly do believe pictures tell a million stories with just one glance they are ‘perfection’.