Close The Cap

Kelsey - Hudsonville, Michigan

All it takes is a little push. Literally. Closing the shampoo bottle has to be one of the easiest, most basic fundamentals of life. It’s just a small gesture that says “I care about you enough to let you use functional shampoo.” Because there is nothing worse than a handful of watery shampoo, just apply enough pressure to the top that a sound little SNAP can be heard. It saves the day. Congratulations, hero.

Those people who close the cap are also the same people who put the toilet seat down, help old ladies with their groceries, and put the milk back in the refrigerator when they are done. I believe that these things are necessary to show others that you care for them and respect their things.

Like putting garbage IN the garbage can. This shows consideration for the environment. It shows consideration for children playing in the park, dolphins swimming in the sea, and people breathing the air all around. Recycling and getting rid of junk is being considerate to mother Earth. People who litter are basically giving the bird to their home.

There is also always a door that can be held open for someone. Whether it’s at the mall with friends or at a hotel full of strangers; holding a door open goes a long way. It lets people know that the world is still full of people who care, full of people who are willing to go out of their way to make somebody’s day better.

And since when is it okay to use the bathroom without washing your hands? It is amazing what a tinge of soap and water can do for hygiene. No one should go around shaking hands and giving hugs and eating food with traces of ‘DNA’ on their hands. It is disgusting and far beyond unsanitary. People need to understand that the world is shared by many people and that many of those people also use the bathroom.

I believe that the things people do say a lot about who they are. The littlest gesture can be a complete synopsis of your personality. So by going out of the way to do something as little as closing a shampoo bottle cap, you save the day, or at least my day. Congratulations, hero.