removing that which harms

Anna - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe it is good remove, that which harms, from oneself.

when i was 15 my best friends was kicked out of our church. but that was probably the best thing that has happened to me, but of course at the time it was very difficult.

after she was forced to leave i was suddenly an outcast. no one would talk to me or even acknowledge me. only a few select held no judgement for me. but it seemed i was guilty by association. just because my best friend was now “unclean” i was to suffer for her mistakes that most of the congregation new nothing of.

i refused to heed their warnings and continued to see my best friend. after some time being shunned by my church, i decided to leave. it was mind blowing to suddenly be so judged by people who called themselves Christians. i thought that christians were forgiving and compassionate.

but now i know better. i have come to see that some are so easily persuaded to believe something that they close their minds. i dont want to be like that. i can gladly say that i can follow God without the pressure and intimidation of following their rules. this experience gave my free will, to believe in God as i think i should. and now i have a relationship and not a religion.