Lauren - Danville, New Hampshire
Themes: setbacks

I believe in humiliation. I know that everyone has had some humiliating moments. Humiliating moments show that nobody is perfect and everyone makes silly and stupid mistakes. Keep in mind; this is coming from a person who has humiliating moments ever day in her life. I have realized that I am not the only one and I shouldn’t regret my embarrassing moments because it happens to everyone.

I remember one of the most humiliating moments of my life! I was up in Rangeley, Maine, where my lake house is. I was with my brother Alex, my older sister Paige, my younger sister Alyson and our two neighbors Corey and Ashley. It’s not like I was little or anything and didn’t know any better, I was in the fourth grade when this happened. We were walking down to the Oquossoc Groccery Store were we always get candy, chips, and ice cream in the summer. We bought what we wanted and went to the playground that was across from the store. I really had to go to the bathroom and I knew that I couldn’t make it back to the house. So I had to go in the gross porta- potty. I saw this different looking “sink” it was bigger than usually and it had a drain and a handle on the top. I washed my hands in it and used the “soap” that was right next to the “sink”, the soap was hooked on to the wall and there was this little thing below it which looked like a toilet wand but I didn’t suspect it to be what I thought it was. I came out of the porta -potty and said “guys look they have really cool soap and sinks in there”! Then they sniffed my hands and they said it smelled like urine. Then they went in the porter potty and noticed that I washed my hands in the urinal and what I thought was soap was actually what they used to clean the urinal. When we walked back to our camps all I could hear was talking in the distance and notice that they were pointing fingers. They made me walk at least ten feet away from them so all I heard was mumbles and laughter but I new they were obviously making fun of me. I asked them if I could walk next to them but they refused they couldn’t take the stench. That’s why I believe whenever I do something humiliating, I really don’t think much about it. I know nothing will be humiliating as that and every one has experiences that relates to mine.