Annie - tipton, Indiana

Remember when boys had cooties? Remember when those cooties turned into a crush? When that crush turned into your first boyfriend, and when that boyfriend turned into your first love. Remember when you said those three words for the first time, when it wasn’t directed at a family member. Remember that tingly feeling, those butterflies, you got when they said it in return? You didn’t know what those words truly meant, they just felt good to say too someone. It made you feel like you could do anything. It made you believe that you were invincible. To think someone, who didn’t share your same blood, could care about you so much, incredible.

But remember the first time he didn’t say it back? That feeling you got in the pit of your stomach. You couldn’t do anything, you were hopeless. When you felt your world had been completely annihilated. You were devastated, and your heart was broken. You could use all the glue in the world, to put the pieces back together, but it would never be as good as new. The truth you just couldn’t bare.

I believe that what doesn’t completely break you will simply make you stronger. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I believe that people change so you learn to let go. I believe that things go wrong so you appreciate them when they go right, and I believe that sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.