A Helping Hand

kelly - Hudsonville, Michigan

She was the quiet the girl who did not talk to many people; she kept to herself. Most were

afraid to talk to her, fearing what others might think of them. She was walking down the school hall with what seemed to be all her belongings, clinging onto then for dear life. I could tell she

was struggling, concentrating, didn’t want to drop anything. Of course, there was a very

rude and obnoxious boy, walking aimlessly down the hall talking to a friend. He ran right into

She looked horrified. He laughed horrendously, apologized and kept walking. He left her

crouched over for what seemed to be 10 minutes trying to gather her things back together. I

rushed over to help her. I just could not grasp the fact that that boy did not even look remotely

sorry or help her; he was incredibly inconsiderate. I realized there was no way she could carry

all this herself. She repeated many times how thankful she was for my help. Thinking nothing of it, I proceeded to my Jeep.

That night, I laid in bed and thought of that boy. How could he be so rude and thoughtless? I

believe that everyone should give a helping hand to those in need. It doesn’t matter if you don’t

know them or you spend every waking moment with that person. Everyone needs help from

time to time and people need to put that into consideration.