Brokenness Made Me Whole

Danielle - Tipton, Indiana

I believe that people grow the most when we go through hard times and struggles. I also believe that faith is trusting in what is unseen even when there seems to be no way out. It is easy to be positive and happy when everything is going great. It takes a strong person to keep a smile on their face and truly believe in their heart that God is in control and that everything will work everything out for the good. I believe that no matter how bad the situation, there is a lesson to be learned from everything we go through.

Two years ago I was on a mission trip with my youth group and I fell and completely broke my collar bone in two. It was the worst pain I had ever felt in my life and the worst possible time for it to happen. I felt so confused and lost. I could not figure out why God would allow that to happen to me when I was trying to do his work. It took me a while to change my thinking to the positive side. I began to wonder if maybe God wanted this to happen to show how awesome and powerful he is. He sure came through.

Before coming home, my youth group went to a weekend seminar called The Ramp. In the middle of praise and worship I felt God’s spirit so strong. I knelt to my knees and began to praise God. I began to cry out for his comfort and a release of the immense pain I was feeling. People began to gather around and pray for me. All of a sudden a warm sensation swept through my entire body from my head to my toes. The tears stopped as I slowly stood. I began to move my arm around and there was no pain. The joy of the Lord began to pour out of me. I started to dance and raise my hands without any discomfort. This was a life changing miracle. People could say that I would have healed back eventually just fine but my heart would not be the same if God had not of intervened.

I grew so much from that experience. I believe that my God is an awesome god and worthy of all my praise. He still has the power to heal the sick and give strength to the weary. My God is all-knowing and he will never give us more than we can handle. I believe with all my heart that God allows us to go through trials so we can grow in him because it is in the hard times that we are reminded that we can not do everything on our own. There is verse in Psalms 62 that truly sums up what I believe about my God. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.