Alex - Webster City, Iowa
Themes: sports

The Chicago Cubs baseball team has been, and still is, selling bracelets for the public. On the bracelets are big blue capital letters saying one word, “BELIEVE.” I believe that the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series. I hold this belief with pride because in my heart they have the best players in the league, they have gotten way better in the past few years, and they have fate on their side.

Derek Lee, Aramis Ramirez, Carlos Zambrano- these names along with other ball players will lead the Cubs to a place that has not been experienced for a long time. The Cubs have outstanding speed, power, and pitching which makes them a top contender in Major League Baseball. They are going to put all of these things together to put them at the absolute top. This is why I believe the Cubs will win the World Series.

The Cubs have had great players the past couple of years. But, they have not known how to win the big game. Through experience, these players have learned how to win that game. Two years ago the Cubs won the wild card spot in the playoffs with basically all the same players, but they were swept in the first round. Last year, the Cubs won their division but struggled in the first round again. This team has made incredible leaps and bounds to being great. This is another reason why I believe the Cubs will win the World Series.

It has been a few years since the Cubs have won the Series. Well, it has been 101 years to be exact. There have been great teams that have been close to being called champions; most notable in 2003 when they were five outs from making it to the World Series. Most fans of the game know what happened with that run. The Cubs have fate on their side now. The repeats of disappointments will soon be gone, because I believe the Cubs will win the World Series.

The bracelet that the Cubs sell is a great symbol of what I believe. The Cubs have great players, have made huge improvements, and have fate on their side. And that, my friends, is why I believe the Cubs will win the World Series.