The Truth of Living

Jasmine - hudsonville, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

Life doesn’t end too soon; it’s that we wait so long to start living. We should never complain about growing old, because so many people never get the chance. We were all given this life because we’re strong enough to live it; life doesn’t give you the things you want, it gives you the things you need; to help you and to hurt you and make you into the person you were meant to be. Life isn’t always fair; whoever told you that lied to you. I believe in the truth of living.

There will always be a little truth behind every “just kidding”, a little curiosity behind every “just wondering”, a little knowledge behind every “I don’t know”, and a little emotion behind every “I don’t care.” We place our happiness in other people’s hands and they have the ability to crush us, or to help us.

Some things may go wrong, but that’s ok. It’s ok to fail, to be bad at things, to be embarrassed, to be afraid, and to be vulnerable. And I’m a firm believer that sometimes it’s right to do the wrong thing. It’s ok to fight. When you fight you find out how much you’re willing to take before you break, and when you do break, you find out who cares enough to make everything okay. Time won’t heal all wounds.

We can accept life as it is, or accept the responsibility for changing it. The people who think they can change the world are the ones who do. We shouldn’t be afraid of change; we may lose something good, but gain something even better in the end. It’s ok to go out on a limb or two, or twelve; just as long as we realize that sometimes we will fall and it will hurt. But in the end, we have a choice: either complain that a rose has thorns or be happy that the thorns have a rose. I believe in the truth of living; the imperfections and the change.