What I Believe

Raven - Gaffney, South Carolina

I believe in a lot of things,but the one thing I believe in the most is the need for a college education. There are several reasons that I believe in this. First, my parents have taught me why college is important. Next, I have seen what can happen to people who don’t go to college or even finish high school. Finally, my parents have showed me how to get a good college education.

A long time ago, my parents told me that it was important for me to go to college. They said that it was the next step after high school. They wanted my sister and me to finish college and become successful so that we could have good lives and raise a family comfortably.

Not only did my parents tell me this, but I have also seen it myself. I know people who have a college education and they have nice houses, good cars, and great jobs that they enjoy. Their houses are big, their cars are fancy, and their jobs pay enough for them to live comfortably. The people who didn’t go to college or may not have even finished high school either live in apartments or have small houses. They either have no cars or old, raggedy cars. They have minimum wage jobs or are unemployed.

The third reason I believe in getting a college education is that my parents taught me how to do it. The important steps are doing well in school and behaving. Next, you must study hard for the SAT test so that you can make a good score. Then you apply for the best colleges. After that, you find out which college you will be going to and go to that school prepared. Finally, you study, behave yourself, and graduate from college. This is the beginning of your successful life.

For all of these reasons, gaining a good college education is the thing I believe in the most.