Carpe Diem

Molly - USA

I believe in carpe diem, seizing the day, not thinking about tomorrow, just today. You should always live in the moment, not worrying about the past or the future. Especially not worrying about the past. Once the past is over there should be no attention paid to it unless it was a good memory. Everyone should make the best out of their life, out of each and every day.

Another thing I believe in is being kind to others. You have no clue how they are feeling at that moment, or what is going on in their life. Even if that person isn’t your friend, what does it matter. Why would that stop you from being nice to them? You don’t know what every person in the room has gone through, or how they are feeling so if someone is mean to them and they are already having a bad day it will just be that much worse. But, the littlest things may brighten their day!

I’ve heard, read, and experienced so many stories about death and people dying, or dying young. Of course it is sad, especially when they are close to you. But that doesn’t mean you should dwell and be depressed all the time over that. No matter what happened, they are gone and there isn’t anything you can do about that. It is shocking to realize it, but you have to, and you also have to put it aside and comfort the ones you love and make them feel better too.

Carpe diem means a lot to me because you never know when you are going to die. I know it’s a little early to be worrying about dying, but most people have fears of dying. So what if you really do die tomorrow, or even today? Will you feel that you have fulfilled you time here on Earth, or that you should have lived longer, and done more interesting things? I feel that everyone needs to live their life to the fullest, even if they are going to live to 100! That just means even more time to do good things. The problem is not knowing, you will never know when you are going to pass, so why waste your time worrying when you could be out having fun, or doing good things for others. It is satisfying either way.