Believe Me or Not

Natalie - KENNESAW, Georgia

I find myself wishing that everyday was like a trip to Disneyland. The happy music following you as you go down Main Street; the happy people that you run into as you buy your souvenirs or eat your amazing pizza; even the fun experiences you get when going on all the rides. There’s happiness in Disneyland that makes me long for more. When you step into the park, it’s like stepping into a world of peace; you can’t fight while in Disneyland.

When my parents divorced, I never thought that my Disneyland life would come back. I felt like that happiness was gone, and I would never get to live like that again. When I moved to Georgia, I thought it was even worse. What was I going to do? How would my life ever be happy again? I felt awful and lost hope. I tried to bring my hope back by surrounding myself with things that reminded me of Disneyland days, so I could find my happiness again. I put on a smile and walked around like nothing was wrong, as if to trick myself into having those moments again. But nothing seemed to work, nothing seemed to be able to bring my Disneyland life back.

Then someone brought me back. She had me meet myself and I realized what was happening. I controlled my life, and I could change it. My best friend Alexis made me realize that life is too short to go through wishing that everyday was how it should be instead of what it was. She made me find me; made me see myself for who I could be; she brought me back to life; to a life of happiness and Disneyland days. She made me me again.

For my 18th birthday I went to Disneyland with my dad and little sister. I found my happiness again. I didn’t feel like I was pretending anymore, I felt alive again. I realized that it will never be like the happiness I had before, but better. This I Believe: You can always find your Disneyland life, even when you feel like nothing will ever be the same.