life is good

Blane - duson, Louisiana

What a time we are living in. Im allways hearing how this is history in the making.You know having an african american for President. But I honestly do not see it. You see im from Southern Louisiana. Ive gone to school with blacks, my best freind growing up was black, i used to sleep at his house all through middle and high school. Yet know one told me that there was anything wrong with it. In the army when my drill sergeant told us all that we are all equally well, worthless, I knew he was well, frankly speaking, right. I know that coming from the “deep” south im expected to be a gun loving,illiterate,hater of all things unpure and unamerican,but saddly, for hollywood and stereotypes, im just an average american. All I saw was a candidate running for president. I did not see an african american,a black,are person of color. So this presidential race for me was not as groundbreaking are historical as the rest of the world might have seen it. I can understand for those who remembered the civilrights issues and ignorance that plaqued our past, and who lived and suffered under a way of thinking I can happily say no longer exist. But how far have we really come, when the color of our president is still such an issue? Oh, and Yes I do own guns, I didnt vote for obama, but i can read and write, and i will support OUR president regardless of the color of his skin.This i believe.