I am my own believer

Jacquelyn - Buffalo Grove, Illinois

true believer

n.

One who is deeply, sometimes fanatically devoted to a cause, organization, or person.

Come, come with me as we venture into the mind of a true believer. I can hear voices. But what do they mean? I suffer from a mental illness, how will that interfeir with my future? I believe in…my own morals. Morals gathered around times of despair, for they were the only thing that was there to motivate. I believe in the child…born with a mental illness, born with a physical defect yet was able to overcome. Now a walker, now a runner! Now your, not average human being. You see those lips moving and wonder, who is she talking to? Why does that matter? They believe don’t they? They believe that what they are hearing and what they are saying is true. Whatever the truth may be, they live on based on those thoughts. Corrupted or not, it is inspirational. To think that we are supposed to follow a certain higher power, which at certain points of life changes. First you believe in your mother, and father. Then your pastor or mentour, then something beyond that, that now we decide. I am a true believer. I am that girl that hears those sounds. I am that runner, I am my own decision maker. I am a true believer of myself. Of life.