Little Things

Jeffrey - Idaho Falls

I believe that it is the little things in life that make all the difference. Much of my time growing up has taken place in the outdoors. I enjoy nature and its natural beauty. I enjoy spending time with my family in the mountains and other beautiful places around Idaho. One such time I was motorcycling with my dad in Leadore, Idaho. It is a gorgeous place with a view that stretches for miles. After a few hours of motorcycling and exploring what the mountain had to offer, I somehow became separated from my dad. At first I waited and listened to see if I could hear the noise of his engine, but nothing. After a few minutes of waiting, I decided I would ride to the top of the nearest hill to have a better view of my surroundings and have a better chance of spotting my dad. After I reached the top of the nearest hill, I stopped and surveyed the landscape around me, and still no sign of my dad. At this point, about thirty minutes had passed since I had become lost and the sun was beginning to set. I became nervous and somewhat flustered as to what I should do. I decided to stay where I was and keep looking. As I looked at the mountains in front of me towards the fading sun, something caught my eye; something shiny in the distance was reflecting the sun’s rays. I looked closer and saw a microscopic motorcycle moving across a hillside about a half a mile away. I got on my motorcycle and made my way to the motorcycle and found that it was my dad who was searching for me. Without the reflection of the sun on his motorcycle, I don’t know how I would have found him. The way I found my dad wasn’t something big; it was a tiny motorcycle in the distance that reflected the sun.