video games

jake - Tipton, Indiana

I believe that video games influence every aspect of our lives. It is frightening to think how many kids and even adults play video games in there spare time. You have the x box 360, PS3, and the Nintendo wii. I can almost bet every eight out of ten houses have one of the three. Boredom and any other reason are resolved by playing video games now. It is almost sickening how some people are with there video games and the time that is spent everyday playing video games.

When it is late at a friends house yes I will play the x box 360, because even though video games are becoming an everyday thing for most they still are very entertaining. I will play online with other people and to see how serious most get and how they don’t just play for fun anymore. These people are playing like there is no tomorrow or better yet like there achieving something if they do win. The amount of trash talked online is ridiculous in so many ways. I don’t want to be considered as a hypocrite I as well seem to get a little cocky, only because it is funny, but also, because it annoys the people who think they’re too good to be playing with you.

The way society is today is that if you don’t watch the best television shows or play the best video games you’re missing out horribly. People ask why are my kids so tired, why can’t you bring your grades up, or the best why are you so angry? My philosophy is that most young kids stay up way to late playing video games and they are losing sleep and at a young age we all know that’s important. According to it is a proven fact that 8.5% of youth gamers are considered addicted to video games, 12% of the youth gamers experience anger issues, because they can’t beat a level or the game in general. I’m sure that Microsoft or Nintendo are proud to be considered the makers of madness but it’s not their faults kids play there systems so much its either the parents or even there own faults for falling into there own bad habit.

I believe that video games have a mass effect on most kids and even some adults. Most say well lets change the world, but you have to change yourself before you can change the world.