Time Heals All Wounds

Jacqueline - Yorba Linda

I believe time heals all wounds. Along with the positives life brings, life also has many hardships and much pain, but with time, healing will come. There are three main experiences in my life that I found this to be true. These are times I thought I would never be as happy as I was […]

Themes: change

I believe time heals all wounds. Along with the positives life brings, life also has many hardships and much pain, but with time, healing will come. There are three main experiences in my life that I found this to be true. These are times I thought I would never be as happy as I was before the incident took place, but eventually, I healed and was able to move on with my life and be just as happy as I previously was.

My first real hardship in life was when my uncle passed away. This was extremely hard not only on myself but my entire family as well, of course. It made me so sad to see the pain my father felt with the loss of his brother. My uncle was a delightful man to be around, and after this, his house felt so empty when we would visit. This was a struggle but over the years, and with time, it has gotten easier to bear.

Another experience I had where time has been a comfort is when I crashed my car less than a month after getting my license. Luckily I was the only person in the car and I was safe, but this was still a traumatic event for me. The car was originally said to be totaled but after given a second look, they decided to fix it. For days after the accident I kept replaying the accident in my head and wondering how I could let that happen. For months I would panic just driving by the site of the accident. However, over two years of time has passed, and I can go days without the accident even crossing my mind.

One more trial I faced that over time has become a blessing was forcing myself to change social groups half way through high school. This is probably common for high school students, but this definitely had the biggest impact on the person I am today. The people I was closest to at this time in my life started heading down a path I knew was not right for me. Even the person I was closest to at the time was changing for the worse and hurting me more than she could comprehend. I was at an all time low and unsure of how to handle anything. I felt as if I would never move on from this period of my life but sure enough time has changed my mind completely.

Looking back on all these experiences, I realize none of them are as big of a deal as I thought they were at one point. When each of these events happened, the pain was so strong; it was hard to believe things would ever get better. However, sure enough, with time I have healed, and have grown to believe that time heals all wounds.