Beauty is Everywhere

Anna - Houston, Texas

There is no real answer to what beauty is as people see beauty in different things and some don’t see it in other things but I believe that you can find beauty in anything and anywhere. The dictionary defines beauty as “the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest)” which is really true but is that how everyone sees it?

After my day of being mute, I learned that we take some things for granted. Even though being blind seems obvious why you would find that you take beauty for granted, by being mute you lose the beauty of convenience. When you want to call after someone who have to run after them and use sign language to talk, which very few people know. It gets very frustrating after a while and you learn not take for granted the ability to talk.

Beauty can vary from something that can be physical and you can see it or it can be something you can’t. It can be to the flower on the ground to the nostalgia of an object. An old raggedy teddy bear can be beautiful to you because you’ve had it forever but any other person wouldn’t. It’s just like how a person can be beautiful on the outside or on the inside meaning personality. Somebody can be physically attractive with good hair and a skinny waist but they can also have a nice personality and is fun to be with.

Beauty can be found everywhere if you just look. You can find it anywhere in this universe. You can find it from our own backyards to outside the Milky Way galaxy. Some can even find beauty in fantasy worlds like in video games. Nature is obviously beautiful already: sunsets, oceans, and flowers. Some say things look prettier in the night than they do at day, and of course vise versa. But it can be just as beautiful indoors as it can be outside. Our houses can be beautiful and so can our pets. The comfort and safety may be pretty to some. I don’t think there is a place that someone can’t find beautiful.

It’s easy to overlook beauty that we might see every day. We need to “stop and smell the roses” every once a while. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” as the movie Wall-e showed. He found the things we take for granted every day like a lighter and found it beautiful. Everyone knows what’s beautiful to them, to each their own. What some find ugly isn’t for other people. We just need take the time to realize the things that are beautiful in our lives.