I Believe in Faith

Logan - Rexburg, Idaho

I Believe in Faith…

I believe in the power of faith. As a Christian, at Latter-Day Saint to be specific, I was raised on the basis of faith. Believing in something that I couldn’t taste, touch or hear…but that I was suppose to feel in my heart. For much of my life I never had that feeling in my heart, the feeling that the things that I was being taught were true, I just figured they were true because my parents had taught them to me…but by my parents example a tiny seed of faith was planted in me.

But as I grew older I could no longer rely exclusively on the teaching of my parents…I needed to learn for myself. This seems to be a common thing for teenagers to do. But I think I had an edge over others. I had church leaders, friends, and that little seed of faith. I decided to put that little bit of faith I had to work. I planted that seed and tended to it as a farmer tends to his crop, or his only source of sustenance. I learned to pray with a sincere heart, and I learned to study the word of God. This was the ‘Miracle Grow’ and water that my little seed of faith needed.

It seemed that I was receiving answers to my prayers, and that my eyes were being opened while I studied scripture. I began to have a desire to serve my fellow man, to do away with all ill thoughts, or deeds. This was no long a small seed that teetered on the brink of not blossoming, it was now a full fledged flower, Full of color, and scent…

No longer did I have to trust in the teachings of my parents, I could now believe for myself that the things which they taught me were true…and not only true but right. That they would bring joy and happiness into my life, and possibly the lives of others who I would meet, and share my faith in. I believe in faith, I believe that faith starts out small and delicate, but that it grows to be strong and beautiful.