There for a Reason

Daniela - Columbiaville, Michigan

I remember the people who came into my life. I remember the people that left my life, but I did not even realize the impact they would leave on me. I believe that these people, whoever they are going to become, came into my life for a reason. For what reason could this be? I guess I will just have to wait and see.

In kindergarten, I remember when I met my first best friend. We became so close and lived in the same town. She was like the sister I never had and was at every one of my birthday parties. Over ten years later, we aren’t as close, but we are still good friends. Now, we have our differences, but I still know she made a difference in my life. As much as we became different, we still “click” the way we used to. Looking back at the moment we met, I didn’t even realize how long we were actually going to be friends.

There are many people in my life who have made such an enormous impact. It was a mother who gave me guidance, a father who taught me how to ride a bike, and friends who made me a happier person. Being adopted, I’m grateful I have the life I do. My mother and I have a close relationship. She is always there to give me advice, and help me make the right decisions, (no matter how much I think I’m right). My father was the one that taught me how to ride a bike, stopped my crying as a young girl, and has always been there when I needed him. As for my friends, they always make me feel better. We are together most weekends, and they are probably the only ones who I act my complete self around. They have changed my life for the better.

On the contrast, I met another soon to be close friend in junior high. She came from a Catholic school. We were both in cheerleading, and she defiantly was the life of the party. This new friend of mine started hanging with the wrong people. I could honestly say they ruined her life. The girl, who was someone I admired, started partying all the time, drinking, and taking any drugs she could get her hands on. She later got caught with drugs and had to go to rehab. So many of her real friends didn’t even know how to stop her. Even if we knew how to, she wasn‘t going to stop for anyone. I watched one of my best friends diminish before my eyes. Luckily, during that time, I was still friends with her, but never did I change the way she did. I look back and know that I made the right choices. Even though she never really found her old self again, I was glad she came into my life. When she left, it was just for the best.

These relationships shaped who I am. Whether they were for the best or for the worst, they came into my life when I least expected it. A best friend from kindergarten is still someone I can always talk to. A mother, a father, and friends that are always there bring my joy and happiness every day. A girl who will never be the same again is still someone I will never forget. These people came into my life for a reason. To change my life.