The Cheif Cause

Andrew - Beavercreek, Ohio

This I beleive, that “The Cheif Cause of failure and unhappiness is giving up what we want the most for what we want in the moment.” The majority of United States citizens, including me all want to eventually become successful in life and most of us realize what pleasure can come from gaining success, especially through our own work. The problem is that many of us don’t want to take the time or make the effort that it takes to gain success. This problem can lead us to blow the work off and go do whatever we feel like. This is where the part of the quote that says “…for what we want in the moment…” comes in. Just like how it’s mentioned earlier, what we want in the moment can take away the will to work to gain success, representing the part of the pharase that says, “what we want the most”. If we do end up just doing what we want to in the moment and the time comes when you realize that you have missed the chance to have what you wanted the most, th esadness that comes can bring down our self esteem and confidence, “faliure and unhappiness.” Lack of self esteem can be in many cases, the greatest sadness that we feel, “The cheif cause…”. The first time that I had to take finals at my school, I really did want to do well so that I could build my chance at attending the college that I wanted to go to but I really did not want to take the effort and time to study for the finals. I hear the quote shortly before I had to begin studying, which I had considered not doing. The quote hit me very hard and I immediately realized what was necessary and my motivation strengthened. I studied hard the following week which was the week before the finals and when I got my grades back, I was very pleased with the results and since then, my grades have been steadily increasing. I know that this quote has helped me alot. “The Cheif Cause of failure and unhappiness is giving up what we want the most for what we want in the moment”. This I beleive.