I beleive in Dogs

Michael - Syracuse, New York

I believe in dogs. The types of dogs that want to run around all day, play fetch, go on walks with you but most importantly love you unconditionally. I believe that through our dogs we can learn important lessons like friendship, loyalty, respect, companishioop, but most importantly love. I believe that if we take these lessons and put them in our every day lives that the world will be a better place. When you’re a young boy and you first get a dog you think that she is just someone to go run around with and get in trouble with. However, as you get older you realize that dogs are more then that they are best friends and part of your family. A dog is one of the few things that you can always count on because she just wants to be there for your. If you are fighting with your friends or family or even if you just have a bad day at work if you come home your dog is there waiting for you. Your dog just wants to be there and make you happy because if you give dog love they will give you nothing but love back. I recently had to put down my 14 year old dog and when this happened I started to think about all of the good things that I would miss about dog. When I thought about these things I started to believe that I had not just lost my pet but one of my best friends that was always there for me. It reminded me of one story that my family was fighting, just like any typical family does, and we weren’t really talking that much. My dog went up to all four members of my family separately and just saw down next to us and put her paw on our legs and just sat there with us enjoying our company. When I saw this I realized that my dog was doing exactly what a best friend should do support us. It didn’t matter which one of us was right or wrong all that mattered was that she was there for us in the time that we needed her. I learned from this experience that a best friend should be there for your friend no matter what even if they might not agree with what has happened. When I lost my dog it was very taught for me but the one good thing was that I knew if I could keep the lessons that my dog taught me that I would be a better person. I believe that these lessons that we can learn from our dogs are ones that people should already know but for some reason they have lost them along the way. I believe that if we start to take these lessons and put them towards our everyday lives that the world will be a better place to live in for everyone.