Just Look Up

Andrea - 63011, Missouri

Just Look Up

As the cool winter air brushes against my face and the snow begins to fall, I look up to find the dim sun light shine through the overcastted sky. Although, in daily life it may be hard to sometimes see the sun through the clouds, it brings me comfort knowing that the sun light will never fade; and I can forever see the good through the bad. Portraying a positive outlook through trials in life will bring happiness and allow us to live a stress free lifestyle. Throughout my life I have seen the clouds come and go, as my dad continues to fight cancer. Having a dad who never seems to see the clouds, allows his bright sunlight attitude encourage those who love him most. As I try to be more like my dad each day, I keep in mind how he’s seeing the good through the bad. Therefore, I believe in smiling at life. Every day I try to eat my dose of a nice round, crisp and juicy apple. Thinking to myself…A smile a day keeps the heartache away. If only I could actually eat a smile a day, so I could eliminate some of the tough obstacles in my life. Though, lately, it’s been hard to eat an apple a day.

Walking past the murky walls, I feel a cold front coming in, as the dark clouds slowly move through the senior hallway and past a few freshmen; it seems we all have a hard time seeing the light, especially if the walls around us are grey. These clouds seem to find their way into our lives, causing us to see the bad in situations, rather than seeing the good. High school relationships and drama between friends create a storm of stress and can result to having a negative attitude. No matter how hard we try to eliminate drama and stress in our life, it’s never going to completely disappears. However, we can change our attitudes, so that when tough obstacles come we can see the dim yet forever lasting light. Although it may seem hard to see the positive out look during trials, we need to remember that this light of hope will never fade. Therefore, as trials will continue to come, we shouldn’t dwell on the bad, rather we should look on the brighter side. And remember that there’s a little bit of good in every bad situation, even if the clouds seem to think to see the sun light.

Sometimes we only see the light for a short period of time, but isn’t that better than not seeing the light at all? With that being said, there was a time where America united as one; comforting each other while joining hands, we caught a glimpse of the dim sun light shining through the carnage of what were the twin towers. Although 9/11 was a tragic scene it opened our eyes to see the good, through the bad. As hard as it was to have a positive out look, we should remember how America came together and finally turned to God for help. Throughout life we will encounter various trails in which it may be challenging to see the light or we may just see it for a short period of time. However, always keep in mind that if you just look up no matter how thick the clouds are and how faint the light is, it will always be there.

While I continue to tell my self…a smile a day keeps the heart ache away, I am not naïve. I understand that there will be tribulations where it will be extremely hard to see the light. However, I also know that God works through all hardships and if I can’t see the light, I know He can and with time God will allow me to see His light through the overcastted sky.