Live LIfe to the Fullest

Rachel - Appleton, Wisconsin
Themes: carpe diem

What do you consider living life to the fullest? Is it making your dreams come true, or is it getting all the money you could possibly want?

I hear people saying all the time that life passes by like nothing. You look back at something that happened 3 years ago but it is as clear as yesterday. At a young age it doesn’t seem like it happens that way, I didn’t believe it. But when I sit and look around and realize that I’m a junior in high school, I only have one more year left. It’s a scary but yet exciting thing. I can remember when I was little and I couldn’t wait until I was in high school and I couldn’t wait until I could drive. Now I look back and my childhood years are practically gone.

I live my life to fullest every second of everyday. I take a lot of opportunities that a lot of people wouldn’t even think about doing. When I go to Mexico with my friends and family I do things some people never get the chance to do or would do. I’ve gone parasailing twice and love that in a way I’m flying and on top of the world. Scuba diving, deep sea fishing, 4 wheeling in the mountains, or even laying out on the beach, their all things that make me happy. Just hanging out with my friends satisfies me, even playing sports or listening to music makes me happy. Whatever it is that makes you happy, do it, because you’re going to be a lot happier with yourself doing what you want rather than you just doing what other people want you to do in life.

Living life to the fullest is pursuing your dreams. If you have an ideal job that you want some day take the chances to make that happen, because if you never try you never know what could have happened. My grandma always told me, “shoot for the moon, if you miss you’ll still land upon the stars.” Even if your goal isn’t completely accomplished, something good has to come out of it, and it will help you in the future. Sometimes I’m afraid to try new things because I don’t believe in myself, or I’m scared. Life doesn’t go on forever, so face your fears and make a difference in your life; you could be surprised on the outcome.

This made me realize that you need to live day to day doing what makes you happy. You need to live life in the moment. Laugh as much as you can. Life’s way to short to live by someone else’s rules. Try new things and do things spontaneously because you never know when it’s going to be over. Never regret anything that happens in life because that’s what makes you who you are today.