State of mind

Tom - Newbury Park, California

I believe that anything that some is passionate about becomes a state of mind for that specific person, be it a sport, like skateboarding or football, or music, shopping, anything really. Similar to other peoples inputs on sports becoming a form of therapy. I can think of 10 people who can just doze off into there own little world of limbo when they plug in there iPods, or are 10x less stressed after a good long football game. For example, when I skateboard, I just go into a trance, where even if I was to get a cell phone call, or even if a car accident were to occur, I wouldn’t even see it happen. I just think about the trick I’m about to preform, and when I stick it, it feels great. I just want to do it again, and again, and before I know it, it’s already been 3 hours of what feels like sleeping. Where you go through a portal to a completely different dimension, but the truth is that “other dimension” is in your own mind.

I believe that even if someone likes something, or says they like something, doesn’t necessarily mean that do it with a real passion. To do something with a passion means, according to dictionary.com it is any any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate. If you just do it because you think it makes you look cool with your friends, or all your friends are doing it, and you simply want to fit in, it doesn’t mean you’re doing it from the heart. If you, just everyday, get up and say to yourself, “I really just want to -blank-.” Then that’s doing it with a solid passion, you just can’t stop thinking about it.

I believe you have to let achievements come to you, if you want to achieve happiness on the way. If all you want to do is win a gold medal in the olympics, then the way there won’t be half as amazing if you let it come to you.