I Believe in Music

Brendon - Newbury Park, California

Everyone listens to music. You can tell a lot about a person by how they act, what they wear, and the things they listen to. This is why I believe in music. I believe in music as a lifestyle. It is an art that has yet to be perfected and probably never will be.

I live off of music. My clothes, my hair, my actions. Music can do almost anything. In the words of Jimi Hendrix, “Music is a safe kind of high.” Music can make you feel happy, sad, angry, depressed. There is music for every mood. There are actions that can be executed while listening to music, whether it be a waltz, or an angry mosh. You can listen to music to wake up, or you can listen to music to fall asleep.

Music has had a large impact on my life. I spend all of my free time either listening to music, or playing music. I listen to many different kinds of music for fun. Even though it’s all different genres of metal and some jazz. Everyone has a genre of music that they can relate to. I listen to Death Metal to get my adrenaline pumping, and I listen to Folk Metal to show pride in my Scottish heritage.

Everyone has a reason to listen to music, whether it make you feel better, or just because you like the way that it sounds. Or maybe its just because it happens to be in your favorite video game or TV show. And this is why I believe in music.