How Old Am I?

Jennelle - Rexburg, Idaho
Themes: love

Laying comfortably on the couch beneath warm blankets, I feel my stuffy nose, as my head continues filling with pressure. Being sick, I wanted nothing but to lie peacefully in my boyfriends loving, comforting arms. Suddenly the phone rings. It was a brief conversation, which ended with the simple phrase, “well let me talk to Jennelle and see what she wants to do, and ill give you a call back.

When an old friends in town, it would be rude to not see them. The decision was in my hands. I didn’t want to be the controlling girlfriend which this friend of Jon’s had never met. After a brief discussion and the words, “we don’t have to go”, into the cold car we went.

It seems to be a pattern. Sinus pressure leads to tears in my eyes, and out of control emotions. Having to go make first impressions was not a good idea for my current state. The thought of having to leave the warm couch hurt me, but I needed to go for him.

As we drove down the street, I tried to hide the tears which were streaming down my frozen cheeks, I couldn’t. The car came to a stop, we were there. I wiped the salt water from my face and grudgingly stepped onto the snow covered sidewalk. I didn’t hold his hand as I usually would have, I just put on a happy face, and entered into the house.

I was miserable, but I was good at hiding it, I always thought I should pursue acting. He knew that I was upset, I knew he felt bad for making me go, however that didn’t change my current attitude. I just wanted to go home, and I finally got my way.

After more tears, and a long heart felt talk, the night was finally over. I walked up the moon light pathway, still crying. A feeling came over me that I had just really messed up. Our first disagreement. I laid my head upon my pillow, and whimpered myself to sleep in fear that things would never be the same.

The next morning my puffy eyes awoke to my phone ringing, “Making memories of Us”, stupid love song, it was Jon. “Hello?”, I softly mumbled. “Hey, I’m outside, come get the door.” I got out of bed thinking to myself, this is not going to be good.

I opened the door to his handsome smiling face. He was holding a wrapped gift and a letter. “are you serious?” I thought to myself. His sweet tone whispered, “this is for you”. I sat down and began to read the letter, his loving words made the night before seem non existent and gone.

This little bump in the road displayed to me his patience and total love for me. I acted beyond immature, I threw a fit like a two year old, but for some reason he understood.

I believe that I have met my perfect match. I know that Jon will be by my side for many colds, and fits to come. I am confident that he will continue to love me with patience and understanding.

I’m far from perfect, but that’s just another thing that he adores about me. My melt down showed me that love really can endure all things. Anyone who can understandingly put up with my random fits, and still be in love with me, now that’s a keeper.